Dabur Nepal to inject 80 million dollars to expand its production plant

Dabur Nepal, the local entity of Indian major FMCG, will inject 9.68 billion rupees ($80 million) into its production plant in the Himalayan country, the company announced on Wednesday.

The Nepal Investment Board chaired by Prime Minister Sher Bahadur Deuba has approved the investment amount.

According to a statement released by the Investment Board Nepal (IBN), the fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) major has proposed to invest an additional Rs 9.68 billion in its manufacturing facility for product diversification and capacity building. capacities of its production units.

The company’s current investment stands at Rs 4.5 billion (USD 37 million).

The company aims to expand its production capacity of a variety of fruit juices and other consumer care products such as Dabur Honey and Dabur Hair Oil.

Dabur International Ltd. owns 97.5% of the shares of Dabur Nepal, while the remaining 2.5% is held by Nepalese investor Ishori Rana.

Dabur Nepal’s products account for 5.34% of the country’s total export earnings. Most of Dabur Nepal’s production, mainly fruit juices, is for export to India.

”Dabur Nepal is one of the major revenue-generating manufacturing industries in Nepal. Dabur Nepal is planning to introduce a new line of fruit juices in the market soon and we are also introducing new products,” said Dabur Nepal’s Additional Managing Director, Abhaya Gorkhalee.

“Our new products will start hitting the market within a few months and the full expansion plan will be implemented within 2-4 years,” Gorkhalee told PTI.

(This story has not been edited by the Devdiscourse team and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

Comments are closed.