Solutions that benefit referrers and payers will generate high revenue in commercial AI models in radiology
DUBLIN, August 27, 2021 / PRNewswire / – The “Growth opportunities resulting from the use of commercial AI models in radiology” the report was added to ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
As artificial intelligence (AI) solutions gain acceptance in the imaging fraternity and among senior leaders in the healthcare systems industry, the competition has intensified and necessitated the creation of strategies for differentiation for companies that want to improve their revenues and support their growth. The rapid proliferation of medical imaging AI companies has led to the availability of a plethora of solutions in the market; however, hospitals are unable to access these solutions (and vice versa).
The launch of platforms and marketplaces by original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and others has paved the way for new distribution channels and business models. The Software as a Service (SaaS) market (predominantly cloud-based) is intended to make it easier for medical imaging vendors to access applications from various independent software vendors without having to contract and engage individually with each supplier.
As a result of the shift from fee-for-service to value-based reimbursement models, the intrinsic factors that drive adoption (improved sensitivity and specificity, and reduced reporting and interpretation times) will become less important to end users. AI providers need to design their solutions and pricing strategies to align with the value delivered in the overall care journey.
Predictive solutions and identification of new protocols or indications for imaging will reduce readmissions and enable optimal use of resources (equipment, manpower, and money) and align with value-based goals of care . As the pressure on radiologists increases due to high test volumes and complex cases, vendors must focus on condition-based packages that can be integrated into business processes.
Suppliers can offer full, condition-specific packages by partnering with OEM platforms or a marketplace to reduce cost of sale, improve market access, and benefit from new pricing models and new features from integration.
- Strategic imperatives for suppliers
- Key market trends and impact of AI on radiology
- Scenarios leading to AI adoption among vendors
- Types of AI value creation in radiology
- AI adoption and functional prioritization by radiologists
- Evolution / progression of pricing models for AI tools
- Demand-side factors influencing the change in pricing models
- Positioning in value of the different pricing models
- The best growth opportunities
Main topics covered:
- Why is it more and more difficult to grow taller?
- The strategic imperative
- The impact of the three main strategic imperatives on the radiology AI market
- Growth opportunities fuel the growth pipeline engine
Market Snapshot – Adoption Drivers and Use Cases
- Market segmentation
- Key trends and evolution of AI in radiology
- The AI development ecosystem and the role of multiple participants in the deployment stack
- Growth drivers
- Use cases of AI in radiology in imaging workflows
- Use cases or features of AI in imaging workflows
Deployment, adoption criteria and value drivers
- Types of deployment, value and inventory
- Efficiency levels and their impact on the adoption of AI in imaging
- Adoption of AI in Imaging – Key End User Criteria
- AI in Radiology – Types of Value Creation
- AI in Radiology – Obstacles and Recommendations
AI in Radiology – Pricing Strategies
- AI in Radiology – Evolution / Progression of Pricing Models
- Demand-side factors influencing the modification of pricing models
- Positioning the value of various pricing models
- Unlocking Value Across the Radiology Stack to Reduce Price Erosion
Universe of growth opportunities, IA in radiology
- AI in Radiology – Matrix of Growth Opportunities
- Growth Opportunity 1: Disease-specific packages sold through OEM platforms and markets will drive adoption
- Growth opportunity 2: Strategic partnerships with medical technology and biopharmaceutical companies will create new sources of revenue
- Growth opportunity 3: solutions that benefit referrers and payers will generate high revenues
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/o9f136
Research and markets
Laura Wood, senior
For EST office hours, call + 1-917-300-0470
For USA / CAN call toll free + 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours, call + 353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside the United States): + 353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets