Sony Electronics introduces the C-80 condenser microphone for studio recording
Entry-level model builds on Sony’s professional microphone heritage to deliver high-quality sound at an accessible price
PARAMUS, N.J., October 6, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Sony Electronics’ Pro Audio division today announced a new microphone for home studios, the C-80, a unidirectional condenser microphone ideal for vocal/voice recording, instrumental recording, vlogging, webcasting and podcasting. This new product inherits technology from Sony’s acclaimed C-800G and C-100 microphones, making high-quality sound even more accessible.
Main features of
- Using the microphone capsule derived from the C-100 and a two-piece anti-vibration metal body structure used in the C-800G, the C-80 inherits the essence of these two industry-standard models.
- The double diaphragm configuration suppresses sound changes with distance (proximity effect) and allows greater stability in the vocal recording process.
- The “noise-cancelling construction” developed for the C-800G/C-100 prevents acoustic vibration from the microphone body, resulting in low noise and clear sound.
C-80 sound characteristics
- Tight, rich midrange pickup provides a vocal sound with clear core and presence, allowing vocals to stand out even when mixed with other instrumental sounds.
- Realistic reproduction of an instrument’s characteristics, such as the sound of guitar strings and body resonance.
- Natural and clear voice recording is achieved by suppressing low frequencies and noise near the microphone.
“The C-80 builds on Sony’s heritage in professional audio, giving users an affordable introductory model that packs in high-end professional features,” said John Studdert, Head of Media Solutions, Sony Electronics. “With unparalleled sound quality and thoughtful construction, the C-80 is a great addition to any audio enthusiast’s microphone collection and a perfect complement to Sony’s full range of professional audio technologies.”
The C-80 should be available in November in United States and Canada for a suggested price of $499 and joins Sony’s range of professional audio products, including the MDR series of headphones, wireless microphone systems and portable field recorders.
For more information on professional audio products from Sony Electronics, please visit https://pro.sony/audio. Check out the latest news from Sony Electronics at https://pro.sony/press or follow Sony’s professional activities on social media: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, instagramand Youtube.
About Sony Electronics Inc.
Sony Electronics is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America and a subsidiary of Sony Group Corporation, one of the world’s most comprehensive entertainment companies, with a portfolio that spans electronics, music, film, mobile, games, robotics and financial services. Based at San Diego, California, Sony Electronics is a leader in electronics for the consumer and professional markets. Activities include research and development, engineering, sales, marketing, distribution and customer service. Sony Electronics creates products that innovate and inspire generations, such as award-winning Alpha interchangeable lens cameras and groundbreaking Hi-Res Audio products. Sony is also a leading manufacturer of end-to-end solutions for 4K professional broadcast and A/V equipment to industry leaders 4K and 8K Ultra HD TVs. Visit http://www.sony.com/news for more information.
Comments are closed.